Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Rey: The scavenger of Jakuu

Rey is a scavenger, she is self-sufficient and does everything for herself. That is until she meets Fin and her adventure begins.

Played by 23 year-old British actress Daisy Ridley, this will be her first major film role. Out of all the new cast members, she is the one who a lot star wars fans have been wanting to know more about. Me included.

I can say for a fact, that I think Rey will become my favorite character from this new movie, and possibly my favorite star wars character. But I'll have to wait till December to know for sure. In the mean time, I have found my self really enjoying learning about her. She is fairly new to acting. Aside from a few tv shows, she has never done anything with the movies. Aside from the force awakens, Ridley will also star in the upcoming movie "Scrawl" an indie horror flick. 

She is not the first from her family to venture into the world of film. Her great-uncle , Arnold Ridley, played Pte. Charles Godfrey on the British TV series "Dad's Army".

When asked about filming during an interview by Entertainment Weekly, Ridley said her favorite place to film was Abu Dhabi. "Even though it was so hot, it was like you literally can’t imagine that heat. The feeling of stepping onto a real set for the first time, it genuinely was a baptism of fire. To see creatures walking around and speeders chilling in the sand, that was amazing, and because I was shooting there, it was like everything had built up to that moment. So a few days in, I was like, OK. I’m getting my groove now." She said.

One question fans have been begging to have answered, is if Rey is the Daughter of Han and Leia. During an interview in japan, Ridley gave a sort of confirmation of the rumor. But we will have to wait till December, or perhaps wait for episodes 8 or 9 to get our answer.

Solo or not, Rey will certainly be a very interesting character in this new series of films. Welcome to the world of Star Wars Daisy.






No comments:

Post a Comment